Zope Subversion Repository
Mon Sep 24 22:59:50 2007 UTC
(5 years, 7 months ago) by chrism
File size: 11014 byte(s)
Can't externals these.
CMF 2.1.0 (2007/08/08)
- PortalFolder: Enabled 'Components' ZMI tab.
This GenericSetup tab allows to inspect and edit component registrations.
- Fixed all componentregistry.xml files to use plain object paths and strip
and slashes. GenericSetup does only support registering objects which are
in the site root.
- Allow email addresses with all-numeric domain names. The RFCs do not
support them but they do exist.
CMF 2.1.0-beta2 (2007/07/12)
- CMFCore.exportimport.skins: Added the ability to remove whole skin
selections using a GS profile.
- Workflow definition instances now have a description field
- UndoTool: Fixed 'listUndoableTransactionsFor'.
The required 'object' argument is now respected. This doesn't change the
behavior as long as 'object' is the site root object.
- CMFCore.TypesTool: Corrected method signature of all_meta_types to have
an interface keyword argument, as per the underlying OFS.ObjectManager
- SkinnableObjectManager: Changed the way skins are set up.
Acquisition wrapping no longer triggers 'setupCurrentSkin'. This is now
done on publishing traversal after the BeforeTraverseEvent triggers
'setSite'. This fix replaces a temporary hack introduced in 2.1.0-beta,
making sure ISkinsTool is looked up after setting the site.
- CMFCore.CMFBTreeFolder: CMFBTreeFolders could not be used as the
toplevel /Members container.
- Pass 'object' through to TypeInformation objects' 'listActions'.
- Removed extraneous "Cache" tab from FS-based skin objects.
- CMFCore.WorkflowTool: Using the '(Default)' keyword for a type's
workflow chain will now reset any custom workflow chains for the type.
- Use the property API to get the member specific skin, because
direct attribute access won't work with PAS based membership.
- Add POST-only protections to security critical methods.
- Allow customization from DirectoryViews to be redirected into
alternate folders, and use manually-built clones.
- Use a utility, registered for
'Products.CMFDefault.interfaces.IHTMLScrubber', to perform scrubbing
of HTML; fall back to the old, hard-wired behavior.
- Remove antique usage of marker attributes in favor of interfaces,
leaving BBB behind for places potentially affecting third-party code.
- Fixed DST-driven test breakage in CMFCalendar by adding an optional
'zone' argument to the DublineCore methods which return string
rednitions of date metadata.
- Favorite: Fixed UID handling broken in 2.1.0-beta.
- CMFDefault: Removed CMFUid dependency inadvertently added in 2.1.0-beta.
- CMFActionIcons: Fixed interface declarations added in 2.1.0-beta.
- The CMF now depends on Zope 2.10.4 or higher.
- CMFDefault: Adjusted factory.py to new GenericSetup version.
- CMFUid.UniqueIdAnnotationTool: Annotation handling has been switched
from triggering it through old-style manage_*-methods to using
events. UID assigning behavior has been made more flexible. Please
review CMFUid/README.txt for information about the current
behavior and the new features.
CMF 2.1.0-beta (2007/03/09)
If you upgrade an existing CMF instance to CMF 2.1, please see
INSTALL.txt for instructions on how to run a separate upgrade script.
- CMFCalendar: Zope3 style browser views are now used by default.
An additional setup profile allows you to hook up the oldstyle skins and
to make customizations TTW.
- DirectoryView: Added 'registerDirectory' ZCML directive.
Using the old registerDirectory method in __init__.py is now deprecated.
See zcml.IRegisterDirectoryDirective for details.
- DirectoryView: Added support for non-product packages.
This introduces new registry keys. Old registry keys stored in
persistent DirectoryView objects are updated on the fly.
- Document: Added two new methods for safety belt handling.
- setup handlers: Improved properties handler.
It now works with properties using a default_charset other than UTF-8.
- Merged patches from Martin Aspeli to enable generating events before
and after DCWorkflow transitions, and in the 'notify' methods of the
workflow tool (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/461).
- CMFUid.UniqueIdHandlerTool: Touching the internal UID value on a
content item will not cause reindexing all indices anymore, only the
specific UID index will be touched.
- CMFCore.MembershipTool: Fixed inconsistent behavior where member lookup
would take all user folders up to the Zope root into account whereas
member area creation would not.
- CMFCore.MembershipTool/CMFDefault.MembershipTool: when using an
object without a __nonzero__ but with a __len__ (ala
CMFBTreeFolder) as a member folder, the createMemberArea method
would believe there was no members folder if the folder was
empty, and so would fail (change "not membersfolder" to
"membersfolder is not None") .
- CMFDefault.File and CMFDefault.Image: Restored ZMI Cache tab which was
lost in CMF 1.6.
- CMFCore.DynamicType: Fixed behaviour regarding default view.
DynamicType was making it impossible to use a Zope3-style
default view for CMF content types.
- Tool lookup and registration is now done "the Zope 3 way" as utilities.
Please see docs/ToolsAreUtilities.txt for some developer notes.
- CMFCore utils: Marked 'minimalpath' and 'expandpath' as deprecated.
- The CMF now depends on Zope 2.10.2 or higher.
CMF 2.1.0-alpha2 (2006/11/23)
- WorkflowTool: Added the IConfigurableWorkflowTool interface.
This change includes the new 'getDefaultChain' and 'listChainOverrides'
methods and an improved 'setChainForPortalTypes' method. The import
handler now supports the 'remove' attribute for removing overrides.
- CMFCore.CachingPolicyManager: Implemented the old OFS.Cache.CacheManager
API. Now objects other than CMF content or CMF templates can have their
caching headers set by the caching policy manager with the same
- testing: Added test layers for setting up ZCML.
- CMFDefault formlib: Added zope.formlib support.
This includes some CMF specific base classes and an 'EmailLine' field.
- browser views: Added some zope.formlib based forms.
- CMFDefault utils: Added 'checkEmailAddress' function.
- Added CMFCore.FSRestMethod: ReST equivalent of FSSTXMethod.
- CMFCore.FSSTXMethod: Modernized, added tests, made customization
possible (now renders via ZPT by default, using 'main_template').
- Portal: Added 'email_charset' property.
- CMFDefault utils: Added 'makeEmail' function.
- CMFDefault.Image and CMFDefault.File: Overridden index_html methods
add Cache Policy Manager-awareness and thus bring these implementations
in line with CMFCore.FSFile and CMFCore.FSImage
- CMFCore.CachingPolicyManager: Prevent firing of caching policies
for templates (DTML or ZPT) that are rendered in-line (without a
separate request) while rendering the requested content item's view.
- CMFDefault RegistrationTool: Fixed too restrictive email checking.
The new 'checkEmailAddress' function is now used.
- Fixed test breakage induced by use of Z3 pagetemplates in Zope 2.10+.
- CMFDefault skins: Fixed encoding issues in welcome and reminder emails.
'password_email' and 'registered_email' now encode their return value
correctly, using 'email_charset' and the new 'makeEmail' function.
- The CMF now depends on Zope 2.10.1
CMF 2.1.0-alpha (2006/10/09)
- CMFDefault utils: Added getBrowserCharset function.
Returns the charset preferred by the browser. Strings encoded with this
charset are decoded correctly by Five.browser.decode.processInputs.
- Content: Added IFactory utilities for all content classes.
They are now used by default instead of the old constructor methods.
- FactoryTypeInformation: Added support for Zope3 style factories.
If the 'product' property of a type info instance is empty the 'factory'
property is interpreted as an IFactory name.
- CMFCore.ActionInformation: don't use a fixed set of properties for
- CMFCore.CatalogTool: Use current executable's proxy roles, if any,
in place of user's roles when computing 'allowedRolesAndUsers' for
a query. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/380)
- skins: Changed encoding of translated portal_status_messages.
Now getBrowserCharset is used to play nice with Five forms. Customized
setRedirect and getMainGlobals scripts have to be updated.
- FSFile: Added registration for 'txt' extension.
- Profiles: All profiles are now registered by ZCML.
- ZClasses: Removed unmaintained support for ZClasses.
Marked the 'initializeBases*' methods as deprecated.
- Content: All content classes are now registered by ZCML.
ContentInit is still used to register oldstyle constructors.
- Favorite: Added 'handleFavoriteAddedEvent' subscriber.
This replaces the 'manage_afterAdd' hook and some code in 'addFavorite'.
- CMFCatalogAware: Added 'handleObjectEvent' subscriber.
This replaces the deprecated 'manage_afterAdd', 'manage_afterClone' and
- setup handlers: Removed support for CMF 1.5 CMFSetup profiles.
CMF 2.0.x and earlier
For a complete list of changes see HISTORY.txt.