Zope Subversion Repository
Remove CVS-era Id fossils.
Conform to repository policy.
Moved the "protectclass" module, a slender collection of three commonly-used utility functions, into "zope.security" so that the Zope modules that use it can stop depending on the much larger (and ZMI- supporting) "zope.app.security" if they do not need to.
Moving code to satellite.
Removed unused imports
Add __traceback_info__ to zope.app.traversing.adapters, as it seems its a very common place to have errors when you mistype something on a view template, and no info was provided that could help finding the source of the problem. Fix a typo and clarify by adding a comment the code inside protectclass.
Changed basic checkers to use dictionaries. Now when you create checkers, you must pass one or two dictionary objects. We used to allow functions to be passed that would be called to get the permission needed to access a name. It turns out that this generality wasn't needed or used. If we need this in the furture, we can add custom checkers. For now, we only allow dictionaries, as that will enable more efficient checker implementation.
Permissions were being checked by individual directive handlers even though permissions are now checked by permission schema fields. This work is redundant and doesn't provide suffient control.
Updated to use ZPL 2.1.
Tell subversion to expand the Id keyword: - replaced old CVS expansion with a clean $Id$ - set the svn:keywords property to "Id" When you check-in files in the future and want $Id$ to be expanded, make sure it reads "$Id$" in that file; then set svn:keywords to "Id".
Set mime-type or svn-eol property from cvs expansion data
Adjusted code to use the new APIs for permissions and principals. Also, use the utility service instead of the permission registry to look up permissions.
Merging dreamcatcher's TTW Schema branch: 1. Fixed Bug in adding that would cause infinite loops when the menu items action was not a valif view or factory id. 2. Extended adding to support more complex views. Until now we only supported constructions like "+/AddView=id". Now you are able to say "+/AddView/More=id", which means that more information can be carried in the URL. This can be used in many ways, including multi-page adding wizards. In my case I needed it to pass in the type of the TTW Schema- based Content Component. 3. Added Local Menus. This was a pain in the butt, but I think I got a fairly nice model, where you can create local Menu Services, and Menus are simply named utilities. When active they are menus in the menu service. This is very similar to the local interface service and TTW Schema. 4. Made some modifications to TTW Schema, cleaned up the code and moved the browser code and interfaces to the places they belong. 5. Added a Content Component Definition utility component, which takes a Schema and creates a content component for it, including permission settings and a menu entry. Currently the menu entry is always made to a local 'add_content' menu. I will change this and make it actually a screen, where the menu and title of the menu item can be chosen by the developer. Mmmh, should I add a factory for the definition as well, so that the content component is also available via python? 6. Added a Content Component Instance component that represents an instance od a Content Component Definition. You will never directly encounter this component, since it is automatically used by the adding code of the Content Component Definition. 7. Cleanups by both dreamcatcher and myself. That's it. For more details see the branch checkin messages. I now consider the dreamcatcher-ttwschema-branch closed.
Grand renaming: - Renamed most files (especially python modules) to lower case. - Moved views and interfaces into separate hierarchies within each project, where each top-level directory under the zope package is a separate project. - Moved everything to src from lib/python. lib/python will eventually go away. I need access to the cvs repository to make this happen, however. There are probably some bits that are broken. All tests pass and zope runs, but I haven't tried everything. There are a number of cleanups I'll work on tomorrow.
Powered by ViewCVS 1.0-dev